Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pluck Luck 2!!!

The second show in a delightful series of potluck house shows went down recently and it couldn't have been any better. This edition was hosted at the Patillo Family Home and featured Airon Paul Dugas, Ellis and Hart, Sew What, and Robert Ellis. There was endless amounts of wonderful food, just the right amount of lovable characters and some great music to boot.

Our favorite texas folk/country/blues wonder, Airon Paul Dugas, started the night with his tear jerking, throw you on the floor and stomp on your heart till there's hardly anything left mix of songs. Check him out this Friday at our house show and then Dec 4th at The Continental Club with Paris Falls as his backing band! Holy shit, that is going to be amazing..

Next up was the newly formed bluegrass duo, Ellis and Hart. This was, by far, my most favorite part of the night. Robert on guitar, Will on banjo, and my head spinning from the fast paced folky bluegrass. I hope so dearly to hear more from these guys in the future. They are both great guys and ever since I saw them I've been wanting to build a bass just so I could play with them(though they don't know it yet).

Sadly, I didn't get a chance to record our Sew What set due to me playing and getting caught up in all the commotion. My banjo skills don't even come near to Will's but I think we did quite a good job despite the little bit of practice we have had in the past couple weeks.. We will be playing at the house show this Friday as well.

Last up was Robert Ellis with his quiet, beautiful, moving tunes. He played a wonderful Gillian Welch cover and gave us a pleasant ending to another great night. I can't help but stare at his fingers when he plays, moving up and down the fret board with what looks like very little ease. I didn't get to record any of his stuff either but I hear he has a new album coming out soon, or it's already out??

Anyways, here's a few tunes from Airon Paul Dugas and Ellis & Hart. Please enjoy and come out this friday to our house show if you can. 1506 Caywood Ln. 7PM. Bring booze, bring snacks, bring your ears, and bring a friend..


No comments: